|Social Networking||Free||Signal Messenger, LLC||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real-time with all of your friends at once, and share media and other files with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end-to-end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source and peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so that you can have private conversations with all of your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group information like the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Messages are delivered quickly and reliably.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
With everything going on in the world today, it's nice to know there are alternatives to having your private conversations listened to, or your texts read by anyone else except for the people you sent them to. While I think most people are not involved in anything that would warrant any government agency from looking into the private conversations between people, I can understand the need for any government to have the right to acquire the permissions necessary for the purposes of national security. In the United States, that bar and burden of proof to seek these exceptions is extremely high, as it should be. And, (at least at this point), they are extremely rare. I am happy to have found a way to feel confident that my messages are not being scrutinized by any other eyes than those I intended to see the message. The app is easy to navigate and use, and the response is lightning fast. I have had very good experiences with texting and with voice calls as well, with the tools to know that the message was both sent and received. Sending a voice text is also easy and incredibly fast compared to other texting platforms. The sending and receiving of large files is also very easy and fast. I would highly recommend this app if you're looking for a secure channel of communication with both text and voice.
Hey I really love the app but please give us the number change feature so that we could change our number within the app without losing our chat history and also please if you could include a chat backup option thanks then I’ll make sure to rate five stars .
signal is in many ways the best messaging app i’ve ever used. many, many ways. except it doesn’t notify me anymore…. ever. it works fine on my laptop, where i have it linked, but my phone gets notifications very very rarely. not a great feature for a messaging app, if you ask me.
Simple,Safe and Private Chatting!
perhaps it is not the only game in town and is not perfect; nonetheless, it's trustworthy, reliable, secure and protect my privacy, and its functionalities are pretty much like any other messaging app with the support of many developers around the world And I'm so excited keeps growing Good Job signal team
I read the previous review, if that is what’s happening with Signal, what is a more secure alternative?
Always had them after reading that it was initially developed by See Eye Ah
The most intuitive secure communication app. Data is secure and large files transfer without any issues. Furthermore, privacy is maintained unlike WhatsApp.