|Games||Free||Verizon Wireless||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
With The Met Replica app, get your kids excited to learn as they roam the Great Hall while creating & collecting their own exclusive digital Roblox “Replicas”—limited quantity items they can take into Roblox.
Download for FREE mobile app to EXPLORE, SCAN & COLLECT Roblox items at The Met before they’re gone!
Come play with 5,000 years of history.
Over 30 Replica items are waiting to be found—as the worlds of art & gaming collide for a learning experience like no other. Players of any age can enjoy one the world’s largest art collections IRL and watch them transform in AR!
It’s a Verizon-powered experience designed to bring a new generation to The Met!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Plan your visit with some tips below:
- The Met Replica is free for ticketed visitors. There’s no add’l charge to use the app in the museum. General admission to The Met is $30 for adults; $22 for seniors; $17 for students. Free for Members, Patrons, and children under 12. Learn more at The Met Museum
- You don’t need a Roblox account or Roblox app to play. However, you will need an account in order to redeem Roblox items for your in-game inventory. Sign up for free at roblox.com [Hyperlink]
- You can download the app ahead of time. You just have to be in-person at The Met to find, scan & collect items. The app requires location, camera & Bluetooth access to work.
- Plan your visit. The Met is BIG! With so many rooms & galleries, give yourself the time to explore and find your Replica items. It’s O.K. if you can’t get to it all in one trip! Using the museum maps at the Welcome Desk can help, too.
- Use the hints. Replica icons pulse red on the in-app map when an item is near. Tap it get a clue of what artwork to look for. The rest is up to you!
- Bring a charge. Depending on the age of your device and how long your visit might be, a portable battery pack can be very handy to make sure your phone doesn’t run out of juice!
- Share your ARtwork. Use the AR camera in the app to show off your Replica items and custom avatars. Use #TheMetReplica on social to join & see other players’ creations.
- Having trouble? Simply tap “Need help?” in the upper right corner of The Met Replica app screen for tips on how to use each part of the app.