|iPhone, iPad, iPod
After testing by pros from around the world, BuildCalc is ready to give you more - more function and more answers with less complexity, less hassle, and less confusion.
• Advanced Baluster Function: Complete layout of railing and staircase balusters with less guess work - and with all the flexibility you need for every custom job.
• Advanced Stair function: Stair layouts for professional results - including dimensioned drawings of your Stringer, Stringer Installation, and Finished Staircase. And you can email a PDF of these drawings right from BuildCalc so you can print them or share them.
• Fence Function: Give BuildCalc a fence row length and it will tell you how many posts, rails, pickets, and or panels you need.
• Interactive Functions: The Stair, Baluster, Compound Miter, and Rafter functions are now fully interactive. Want to change input values? Change the Run? Switch between Regular and Irregular Hip Roof analysis? You can do this and your results will be updated automatically - without you needing to remember what key to press.
• You are no longer tied down to: only one brick, block or tile size for the masonry function; a fixed number of drywall sheet sizes; only one footer cross sectional area; or one size of shingles and sheathing. If you don’t see the size you want, you can add as many as you need. And for area input, you can store your custom sizes in Length x Width format, so you won’t have to do mental gymnastics to figure out what was the dimensions for that last size you stored.
• Want to cut your hip roof rafter using a miter saw ... or a circular saw using a hand-held protractor? With a tap of a button, BuildCalc will automatically switch between Miter Saw and Protractor results. BuildCalc can do this for Compound Miters, too.
• Sheathing Angles, Purlin Angles, Gable Area, Backing Angles, Plan Angles, Rough vs. Finished Stair Layout Dimensions, Stringer Throat, Stringer installation dimensions ... and a lot more not found on other construction calculators.
LESS COMPLEXITY AND LESS HASSLE:
• Tired of having to press and press and press buttons to get the results of a calculation? BuildCalc puts an end to this. For all advanced functions, you get ALL of your results in list form with just one or two key taps.
• And, rather than having to write down those results, all advanced functions allow you to save your results - as many times as you want with a label you choose - so you can recall the complete results at your convenience. Now you can do a calculation today and two days, two weeks or two years later, it is there for you.
• Less “quirks”. Have you been annoyed by arcane key stroke sequences on other construction calculators? We are too. BuildCalc 2.1 streamlined the keystrokes to do a better job of giving you less “errors” and more results. Don’t remember what you have to enter before a Hip Rafter or Stair calculation? Well, now you don’t have to. BuildCalc will provide you with a check list of inputs and on-the-spot help to get it right.
• Drywall and Masonry “Room Mode”: If you have stored a Length, Width and Height for a room, BuildCalc will give you the Drywall or Masonry required for the walls and the ceiling / floor - with only a tap of the Drywall or Masonry button. No more pondering over complex key sequences ... it just works.
NOW WITH ADVANCED STAIRS, BALUSTER, AND HIP/VALLEY FUNCTIONS
Get more results than you ever could before - including dimensioned Stringer, Stringer Installation and Finished Staircase Drawings. Drawings can then be emailed to others or printed at your convenience. Email us and we'll send you an example!
I am a Design/Build remodeler and have had this app since it first came out. If you work in the building trades this is a must have app. The others are just playing catch-up. The stair layout function alone is worth more than the price of admission. Get it, you will NOT be sorry. Tech support is prompt and superb.
I build multimillion dollar homes in the Tahoe Area. When it comes to calculators Buildcalc is all you need. My guys use this because it saves time and that saves me money. This is one app I will buy for them use.
App crashed on me several times trying to figure out how to calculate a simple shed rafter with birds mouth. Docs online say they contain tutorial, it doesn’t and there are no well indexed instructions. It may be useful for some things but I feel completely ripped off for the high price and will be seeking a refund. Buyer beware!
I’ve used this app almost every working day for close to 10 years now (maybe more?) and its never let me down.
Asked for a short cut, that that those expensive lumber yard calcs have and got it. It took a minute or two, but happy he did it. Good job.
I use this app all the time, especially when squaring a deck or foundation. Enter rise, run and tells you diagonal length. I calculate stairs, baluster spacing, along with any spacing you want, mostly my use with the app but does much much more, I use this app and sketchup, can build anything I want with them two.
Extremely functional app. Highly capable with easy to use interface. This my first construction type calculator and I'm impressed with what it can do. One nice feature is that you can email PDFs of a layout for stairs and then print it out. Customer support is excellent as well. Spoke with the Ben on the phone about a solution to a problem I couldn't figure out. Very nice and knowledgable guy. Thanks again for the help and a useful application.
This calculator is very versatile and so effective. It makes my life so much easier and my projects so much better. Definitely one of the most useful apps I've purchased. Highly recommended.
Better than an ice cold beer on a mid summer afternoon. (it doesn't get any better than that !!)
I give 5 stars.