|Photo & Video||$4.99||Tinrocket, LLC||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
See the world like an artist! You don’t need to paint to create beautiful watercolor images—Waterlogue captures the essence of your photos in brilliant, liquid color.
• Waterlogue transforms your photos into luminous watercolors.
• Watch Waterlogue paint as it transforms your images.
• Save your watercolors and share them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
• Use your watercolors to create an artist’s journal or notebook.
• Create beautiful, high res, frameable art for your home.
• Universal App for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
• From Tinrocket, creator of Percolator and Popsicolor for iOS.
• 14 pre-set styles to customize your watercolors by controlling wetness, pen outlines and color.
• Image export at high resolution.
• Support for AirPrint.
• Control of borders, lightness, and detail.
• Includes example images.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 7 and greater. Maximum rendering detail and maximum export resolution depend on each device's capability. Waterlogue runs advanced image processing software for the highest possible quality watercolor rendering. It produces wonderful images on any device that runs iOS 7, but your rendering times will be shorter on newer, faster devices.
KEEP UP WITH WATERLOGUE:
• Follow @Waterlogue on Twitter and Instagram for the latest!
• Like Waterlogue on Facebook.com/Waterlogue.
• Have a question? Remember: we can't respond to App Store reviews, so email us at [email protected]
• If you like Waterlogue, please consider leaving an App Store review or rating. Every review counts and helps small developers like ourselves.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WATERLOGUE:
• “…with Waterlogue, it’s clear that there’s a very thoughtful human touch behind the app’s painterly algorithms.” —WIRED, Mar., 2014
• “…Waterlogue is going to utterly amaze you, as it’s the first app I’ve seen that gives results that really look like a watercolor painting.” —Cult of Mac, Dec., 2013
• “Watercolor apps may not be a new idea, but Waterlogue does it in a gorgeous, intuitive way, and it’s quite a pleasure to use.” —AppAdvice.com, Dec., 2013
• “Waterlogue App (from Tinrocket) looks awesome!” —Jack Hollingsworth, Photographer, via Twitter @photojack, Dec. 12, 2013
• “It goes beyond typical Photoshop watercolor filters because it has more visual intelligence, and more of the feel of the real paint.” —James Gurney, Artist and Author of Dinotopia, gurneyjourney.blogspot.com, Dec., 2013
• “Ever since digital imagery came into its own over 20 years ago, there have been attempts to mimic traditional media. Where others have failed, Waterlogue nails it.” —PatrickSaunders.com, Dec., 2013
There is a reason this app does not allow a free trial. It does not have a lot to offer in styles and they do not update choices. Deleting! You can get what they offer for free on other apps or through google.
I’ve been looking for painterly effects for a long time. I owned the Aldous Gallery Effects Plug-ins if that gives you any clue. Early 1990s. I have five apps on my phone, and will continue to use them for specific projects. But this one is a no-brained. The output is consistently good, and requires a minimum of effort. I would recommend this to absolutely anyone with a camera on their phone.
Turn your vision into paintings
Really love this a app. Please continue to make other fabulous apps.
Waterlogue combines an exceptionally uncomplicated user interface with beautiful aesthetic functions/results. The art that it creates looks incredibly natural, and turns one’s photos into virtual artistic masterpieces. It works exceptionally well with flowers, both in nature and in floral arrangements. One suggestion: in a future version, add the ability to have a slideshow function. Highly recommended for both experienced artists and novices. Renders in seconds on the iPad Pro. We found the default settings to give the most aesthetically pleasing results. No subscription required.
I expected some room to adjust end result a bit more than a few predetermined options. Definitely not worth $5.
Why can’t I export images at a printable resolution? App hasn’t been updated in over a year. RIP.
One of my favorite all time apps. When people post the loss of a pet I like to take the photo and make a watercolor painting for them with the app.
I have used Water Docihe for man year’s years and appreciate it so much that I wonder how you still don’t charge a fee. You deserve to get paid. I am happy to pay a fee for my favorite App!! Forgive my misspelling please.
Haven't even been able to use it once. I bought it five minutes ago, and it has crashed each time I try to load a photo. DEEPLY DISAPPOINTING. I’d give it ZERO stars if I could.