An In-Depth Review of Auxy – Auxy Pro - Music & Beat Maker Review
(Aight so this review is kinda long and for some reason I can’t copy and paste it from my notes app into here so ima shorten things down tremendously)
Long time user of Auxy here, about 2 years now, and I just wanna say I absolutely love this app. Now onto the pros and cons:
- Simple and easy to use and get started with, great for beginners.
- The simplicity doesn’t ruin the app, even experienced musicians can still get so much out of this, it’s got a lot of the features of your average $200+ DAW
- $5 a month for loads of amazing quality sounds is absolutely a steal
- Almost everything in the app looks really sharp, the organization and design is phenomenal
- You can upload to SoundCloud directly from this app, and it only takes like 3 mins max
- You can take this app and make music pretty much anywhere you can listen to music
- There are more but this review gettin long
- Drains battery and uses a good amount of storage (not an issue if you own a good phone unlike my iPhone 6)
- Sampling is pretty nonexistent, only drum sounds and that’s it, plus it’s kinda confusing too so I never bothered with it. Would be nice to be able to do vocals in Auxy tho
- The real instruments are slightly disappointing, I personally want a more natural guitar rather than one that sounds like a guitar pluck sound played from a piano. Hard to make genres that aren’t edm or rap with this
- Free demo pack is pretty weak ngl, but if you can pay $5 a month this app is worth it
Now onto stuff I wanna see in the future:
- Automation for bpm, as well as the type of automation (for stuff like distortion) not just how much distortion. And can we please have the option to type in what bpm we want rather than spend 20 seconds tryna get it on 160 cause it keeps going 159 or 161?
- Better “real” instruments. I just want them to sound more natural. And I want electric guitars please.
- Please improve sampling for those that wanna use it (I probably won’t but I know some will)
Overall, 9/10 app, nothing holding it back but there’s stuff that can be done to improve it in the future. This app was my intro to music production and I still use it to this day, even though I own a copy of FL Studio too. I hope to see some of those changes I listed and I wish I coulda posted my full review which was over twice the length but oh well. I still recommend this app to everyone when music production comes up in conversations, it’s just too good. If you wanna get started making electronic music on a budget, this is the app for you, better than garage band and probably FL Mobile too (haven’t tried that one but there’s no way it’s as good as Auxy lol)
Much love, NCRYPT/Shukaara
Review by LoliProtecc on
Auxy Pro - Music & Beat Maker