|Photo & Video||Free||NIKON CORPORATION||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
D850, D500, D7500, D5600, D3400, COOLPIX A900, A300, B700, B500, W300, W100, KeyMission 80
The foregoing may include models not available in some regions.
Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version.
Use a computer to download the latest camera firmware from the Nikon Download Center.
- Once the camera is paired with your smart device, new photos can be downloaded automatically.
- Adjust camera settings and take photos.
- View the pictures on and download photos from the camera.
- Use the app to pair the device with up to five cameras.
- Automatically upload pictures taken with the camera to NIKON IMAGE SPACE (Note 1).
- View downloaded photos or share them via e-mail or social media.
- Add photo info or text to uploaded photos.
- Download location data to the camera (Note 2) or set the camera clock to the time reported by the smart device.
- Receive notifications of firmware updates for paired cameras.
iOS 9.3, iOS 10.3, iOS 11
iPhone 5 or later, fourth-generation iPad or later, iPhone X
Bluetooth 4.0 or later
There is no guarantee that this app will run on all devices.
Updating to Version 2
Images downloaded to the smart device with version 1.x will no longer be displayed in the Gallery after you upgrade to version 2, but can be viewed in the “Photos” app provided with the smart device.
- Note 1: Upload to NIKON IMAGE SPACE requires a Nikon ID.
- Note 2: The GPS function runs continuously in the background, increasing the drain on the battery. The drain on the battery can be reduced by choosing power-saving mode. This feature is not recommended for use with devices not equipped with GPS.
- If you are unable to download images or connect via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi after pairing, try one or more of the following solutions:
- Turn the paired camera off and then on again.
- Switch tabs in SnapBridge.
- Exit and relaunch SnapBridge.
- Users can register for a Nikon ID using this app.
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when using this app.
- Remote movie recording is not supported.
- Movies can be downloaded by switching to Wi-Fi and selecting the files manually.
- Upload/download of AVI and interlaced movies is not supported.
- 4K UHD movies transfer and playback are not supported on some devices.
- Remote photography and movie download are available only if the camera has Wi-Fi.
- Keep the app displayed in the foreground when downloading images from the camera via Wi-Fi. Download is not available when the app is running in the background.
- The app may not perform as expected depending on your environment and network conditions.
Using the App
For more information, use the app “Help” option.
I love this app! I have 2 teenagers who are active in sports and love taking pics of them and their various teams. This app allows me to text pics right to the other parents during and right after the games! I can also upload to social media and keep family far and wide involved in games. I only gave it 4 stars because the transfer speed can be a bit slow sometimes, which is frustrating when I’m trying to get pics to various parents. Otherwise, love the app!
I’ve tried genuinely at least 50 times over the past few months to get my d3400 to connect to my phone using this app, but it won’t. I’ve tried in several different locations. My laptop right now is busted, so I was hoping to be able to rely on this to transfer my photos over, but again, it WONT CONNECT. Maybe it’s just a bug I’m experiencing but it’s still driving me up the walls.
Ever since it updated, Bluetooth pairing does not work and it never downloads my pictures to my phone anymore! The touch pair option doesn’t work anymore either! And now my phone won’t repair to camera!
As I said above it’s pretty complicated this app but once you get it connected...... Everything works well...
Is anyone at Nikon awake? Does anyone from Nikon actually READ these reviews? Allegedly, Nikon “updated” this app a week ago but it still DOES NOT WORK! How many HOURS have Nikon customers wasted trying to get this useless app to work? The camera DOES NOT sync with the phone. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed it endless times but it will NOT sync with my phone. FIX IT, NOW!
i have a d7500 and in order to connect to snap bridge, i must forget the camera on my iphone’s bluetooth connection AND in the snapbridge connected cameras in order to connect again. it’s quite annoying it doesn’t just remember and connect automatically. also, i use the self timer a lot and it gets annoying to have to reset the timer after every picture i take. i also wish the time was variable because 3 seconds is not enough time. it would be cool to be able to use this to trigger video as well, but i’m not holding my breath.
There’s no RAW support but it’s ok. I use RAW + jpeg in the pics and just use this app to download. What a pain to connect to d7500 though.
I usually bought Canon cameras but when I compared The Nikon 500, I decided to try Nikon for a change and so far I am so glad I did, to make things even better, this SnapBridge app really is wonderful if you enjoy going on trips, taking photos and having them instantly available to post online. Love it!
It works amazingly for me to download pictures. But it does nothing at all, for downloading videos 😐