|Reference||Free||MobiSystems, Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF FRENCH BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The very latest vocabulary (2018 edition) with hundreds of thousands of words, spanning everything from technology and medicine to colloquial slang.
• More material for students on their year abroad or anyone living in the French speaking world e.g. sample utility bills, bank statements, rent agreements.
• Based on real language statistical evidence, both written and spoken, it's the most comprehensive, reliable, and up-to-date dictionary available.
This app is tailored to professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current French at work or at home.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak by using Talk & Translate – Use the speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will be there to help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Audio pronunciation - Learn words faster with the integrated pronunciations.
• Offline mode - Save words on your device and view them without internet connection.
• Priority support - Get support with priority for any app-related issues.
• No ads – Enjoy an ad-free learning experience.
Free functions are absolutely limited .
Thanks for the great free resource!
I particularly enjoy this app
I love having the Hachette French English Dictionary as an app on my phone because I’m always ready to research a word. The daily word keeps my mind thinking of French first thing in the morning so I feel somehow immersed. I highly recommend that any student, of either French or English carry this with them.
Well, this is my fifth review and I still love this dictionary best. I’ve just discovered use of wild letters so I can find words that share the same root, which helps me increase my vocabulary. I use this dictionary --French-English— almost every day. It has wonderful examples, which I read for fun at times, superb customer support (yay, Nedialko!), and many other features I am simply not taking time to note now. If you need a translation dictionary, buy this one!
Very useful for writing.
This dictionary’s content is more comprehensive than the Robert Collins, but the interface is clunky. For example: instead of having the search bar always available, you must click on the search icon to bring it up and delete the old search term. This extra step is annoying if you are translating a longer passage. The verb conjugation tables are adequate, but not as handy as using a dictionary with a nearly unlimited conjugation engine. In addition, the app pricing information is confusing. I’m not a fan of automatically renewing subscriptions and would prefer to pay a set price for an app even if this means paying to upgrade at some future date. It’s unclear if this is an available option or not.