|Entertainment||Free||Kimico Ltd||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
- MovieBuddy has all the features of MovieBuddy Pro with a 50 movie limit.
- MovieBuddy can be upgraded via In-App Purchase for unlimited movie storage.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: MovieBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* BUILT-IN SYNCING: Seamlessly sync your MovieBuddy library across all your devices using iCloud or Dropbox. Your data stays in sync so that you always have the up-to-date version of your library on all your iOS devices.
* BE PRODUCTIVE: Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: MovieBuddy easily supports large movie collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 movies!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add movies to your MovieBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching online.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your movies are, which movies you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned movies.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your movies, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given movie.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any movie in your MovieBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the movie’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite movies using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your MovieBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your MovieBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* IMPORT 3RD PARTY DATA: Import from other popular movie catalog apps to ensure that your MovieBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to movies, sort movies by any field, arrange movies in a series, manage each movie’s viewing status, easily print information about selected movies to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
They really should mention that you only get 50 slots. Makes it bloody pointless of an app. If it wasn’t for that it would be a good app.
I checked out 7 or 8 apps that do roughly the same thing, and MovieBuddy is the clear winner out of all of them. All of the others were either slow or their scanner didn’t work or they required monthly payments. MovieBuddy has an initial 50-item limit, but the upgrade is only a one-time $5 payment and then you have unlimited items forever, no additional payments! The scanner works great occasionally it will think it’s scanning the wrong version of a film, like a remake of the same title, but it’s super easy to replace with the right title and you can add titles in multiple ways. I only had to manually input 1 out of my 326 movies, and it’s a pretty obscure film, a recording of a stage performance called The Reduced Shakespeare Company. And even then I still found the cover art and summary online through the app. It was a little confusing figuring out how to share my movie library with my family so we all have the same list, but I emailed the app developer and they got back to me within a day, addressed me personally and addressed my specific problems politely and thoroughly, and even offered to do more than I expected. (SUGGESTION: It would be great to be able to find other users and share lists and/or view each other’s libraries so that friends can browse each other’s films and borrow movies from each other.) The other great thing is they have other sister-apps for books and music! MovieBuddy, BookBuddy, etc. As far as I can tell, it’s the same deals and same functionality throughout all of them. Bottom line, I highly recommend this app!
Love this app...lets me keep track of my movies and tv shows..but take.my advice, only scan a few at a time....sometimes if it can’t find your movie it will substitute something close....it’s a pain to go back over all you have posted to correct that...if there is a movie the app doesn’t recognize it lets you look for it online...or you can put the title, and picture of the movie, by hand....very cool for us movie/tv nerds!
Impressive little app. Purchased movie buddy pro right away. I would like to see ability to export to pdf and ability to choose certain fields to print and to be able to share files with family members.
I collect DVD’s and this is the best $5 I’ve ever spent. It keeps me from buying movies twice and is a great way to decide on a movie for movie night without digging through your entire collection!
I downloaded the app and thought that this would be a good way to keep track of my movies and got to 50 and realized that you had to pay $5 for it. I wasted all that time. Thanks. I really think that it should be at the most $2.
Every time I try to had a movie the app just shuts down. Have tried several times only for the app to close out every time.
App was working fine before the latest update. Now it force closes when I save a movie I added.
I loved this app until the most recent update and now I'm unable to add movies or save changes to movies without the entire app shutting down. Please fix this asap!
I love using this app. It helps me keep track off all my movies not only with how they’re organized to who I loan them to. Convenient when I’m out looking for new movies and don’t remember if I already have it.