|News||Free||Gannett||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.lansingstatejournal.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: [email protected]
Unless you're a paid subscriber, all of the content on this app is now hidden behind a paywall. It's the only daily paper (with an app) in Michigan doing this. Get your news elsewhere. The app was always slow to update news anyway, but since it was free, that wasn't unexpected.
Doesn't work on iPad for whatever reason.
Only half the page displays. All the content is smooched over to one side of the screen. Also the site never remembers me. I have to keep logging in. Time consuming and irritating.
This is not a good apt. I cannot figure out how to access past information. When I do click on an item nothing happens.
Have had to sign in too many times; it can't seem to remember users. Computer version is better than before however
This app stinks. I can't get through a half page without being redirected to the App Store for an advertisement. Restarting the app doesn't help. Very annoying.
I like that I get pop-up news, you don't have anywhere in the app to search! I still can't find the horoscope!!
Since the app was updated with the latest version, I've consistently received a "app did not load correctly, please try again" type of message. Today it won't open at all, simply returns to my home screen after momentarily trying to load. I will like the app again once this bug is fixed.
The app does not contain up-to-date articles. The newest item in the "Life" section is 4 days old. The new html option is not legible. The e-book version keeps directing me to download iBooks, which is irritating since I already have iBooks. I am a paid subscriber and I'm about to cancel because of this terrible app.
Found I didn't have time to read the print edition. The app supplies all the news I need! Easy to navigate and the stories are relevant to my needs.