|Music||Free||Apple Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
Ok so explain why the timing is so timing is so bad like bruh cmon Dawg
It’s a pretty good app simple enough to use and great for beginners I have made multiple tracks using this but I keep running into one issue and although I tried to ignore it as best possible it has driven me insane. Parts of my tracks are just completely disappearing. I am very careful to save my work that’s for sure. It has even happened while in in the app. I work on one instrument then move to work on another and when I go back to that instrument the recording is absolutely gone. I’ve had to redo a whole piano part twice when I was excited because I thought I had finally finished. Please help I don’t know why this is happening.
The drums don’t work, any complex beat is relayed wrong in the playback. Please fix this asap.
I make music on Garage band all the time but I have an issue with being able to send out my projects to people. It becomes buggy when I’m trying to send and the message app is overlapping so can’t send anything to my friends to hear an enjoy. Please fix the bug. Otherwise I love this app. I love music and making music that this is perfect for me. I just want other people to hear what I’ve come with too.
Great app. Absolutely amazing. However, GarageBand needs more guitar and woodwind (specifically horn instruments like saxophones) sounds added. Most samples from the internet don’t sound very good, so it would be amazing to have more guitars and horns.
Hello Apple, I have been wanting to record vocals for my own song for a bit now but I have 1 big issue. I keep hearing noises in the background that aren’t even near me. It would really help if I could actually get a quality mic. I love you guys app just the vocal recording needs work. Thanks, James Dean.
This app, is outstanding. It’s free. It makes music. It is more than I could ask for, but… I would loooooove to see one of those electronic drumpad things, and tracks for it! It would be sooo helpful! There are so many apps that have them, but none of them are both good and free. I know apple isn’t going to read this but, at least i’m putting it out there.
The app will not open, every time I try to open it it says that it can’t open because there are too many apps in use even when it’s the only app open, I’ve tried deleting it and downloading it again and restarting my phone and even updating my phone but it does the same thing no matter what I do.