|Music||Free||Apple Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
I have several songs I've composed on GarageBand but I cannot print music sheets for it. Why is this not an option???????????
WON'T WORK :( I can't open live loops grid or FX and it won't show up anywhere! Once again plz help. Other than this issue great app, maybe add a few more tracks to.
I can't get the fx screen!
More drum pieces
I have made 15 songs so far but having to use the same old noises from time to time gets old fast,I would like to see a new update that adds tons of new noises if possible also those noises should sound ...well kinda like the ones you hear in extremely popular dubstep songs just saying
I used this app for a very long time, but now all of a sudden I can't drag songs from my library on to the tracks? Can it be fixed soon I have things I have to work on!!!!
I live GarageBand. It's my favorite app for making music. The only problem, is that when I try to create a new, custom live loop, the app crashes. I'm using an iPod touch (6th gen), so it shouldn't be crashing. Please fix this problem.
I've been using this mainly as an idea catcher until i purchase a full studio setup. It is in no way meant to be used as a professional recording workspace, but it is perfect if you just want to make some instagram covers or get a sample of a song you're working on. However, a lack of dynamic tempo changing, a lack of odd time signatures, and a somewhat small selection of instruments and effects makes this app only a substitute for a real DAW. If you're a beginner or want to just try some things out, then this is perfect for you. If you're looking for a professional sound, you probably won't find it within this app without external mics and about a hundred dollars worth of other apps. Suggestions: -more time signatures -tempo change within the song -more control over effects -more control over the virtual drummer
When I open the app and go to a song and click an instrument it doesn't show the instrument at all
I know they probably wont see this, but if you do i think it could be improved by adding percussion instruments (triangle,woodblock,crash cymbals, chimes, etc.) and by adding saxophone and trumpet as another option.