|Music||Free||Apple Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
This app is really cool and fun and I make a lot of my own jams that I can if I want listen to all day long. I only do not use it all of the time only because I use other things and I use Spotify because the music keeps on playing, but I still would definitely recommend this to people that like music and making their own music. There are so many ways that you could make music, which is the part that is my definite favorite, obviously... but when you get the GarageBand, the music jam just never stops (unless you stop it...) playing...
Device: iPad Air 3rd Generation Operate System: iOS 13.3 1. After the latest 2.3.8 update, sometimes the shortcuts of the bluetooth keyboard doesn’t work. When the Command key is long pressed, the shortcuts guide of the file page is displayed rather than the track page, which is assumed to be the bug. 2. When the Apple loops are played at a slower tempo(like 1/2 slower), the quality of the Apple loop is much worse. This issue only appeared after the 2.3.8 update. When I played previous file which contained Apple loops at a lower tempo, the quality is clearly worse compared to the .wav file which was output before the update. Thank you for your work and please fix these bugs as soon as possible in order to provide users a real Apple level app.
Why is this app not available for 13.1 iPhone update
This is a great app and I use it all the time. I do think we need more loops and instruments. Maybe add one or two country loops (ex. Contemporary Country and Old Country) and the instruments you could add are bagpipes, harmonica, fiddle, banjo, individual brass instruments (maybe a section to itself like the guitars and drums), and accordion. This would make me and many other people use the app more. I hope you take time to read this and add these things.
The beats I could make were amazing but I couldn’t create the song with the beats
It doesn’t let me play anything and I can’t hear anything when it wants to work.
Hi, I would 100% give GarageBand 5 stars if it wasn’t for this little thing. I have been using this app for years and it never has failed me. You get to use it for free when usually something like this would cost hundreds of dollars. Perfect. What annoys me is that at the moment I am not able to use it anymore because I do not have IOS 13. I can’t easily just update my phone whenever I want to, so this is really a bother. If Garage Band could consider getting rid of this barrier so that everyone no matter what update their device is at can use it. Thanks!
NOW I HAVE TO DOWN LOAD IT ???
I had to delete nearly everything to download this app! All I wanted to do was a project and ended up deleting everything and my favorite pictures! It would mean alot if it would take LESS storage! Thanks Haya
You can make decent beats and songs using GarageBand. There are many instruments that you can play and add to your songs! Professional or beginner GarageBand is a fun app to play when you’re bored or on the go! I rate 5/5