|Music||Free||Apple Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
Love GarageBand I just really wish that I could record more songs it’s only letting me record one song and if I’m trying to record another one it has the same beat but you can just add on and I don’t really like that I just want to make it like just from scratch and if you can’t please tell me how by the way I’m 88-year-old person so I do not have any other contacts so please just write it all down here thank you either way I love this so much I played every day 🎸
So in general I love garage band. I don’t have any problem with the music. But a week ago I was recording a song and the instrument got renamed to “Nice Room” I was in my room. I didn’t even know that you could change the name of the track.
Unfortunately like almost all things Apple, anything you do can be erased for no reason and sent into oblivion. The applications appear solid but the depth and structuring to an actual art form lacks in the ability to move away from being another GB clone. This is a great tool to set ideas down but lacks allowing the user/composer complete control in originality.
I love this app no issues or anything else
On god I love this app!!
I am a upcoming rapper & I love this app over the last years GB has allowed me to become my own musician and producer I literally have made many of hit songs with this App.
add saxophones and i will give 5 stars
I love using this application for my music and for future music. What i suggest is more apple loops, and more instruments to play on like a saxophone, or more bass guitars. Also for vocals, you should add more effects on the robot, like pitch equality, so that way a robot voice can be regular voice with robot vocal, ya know? Anyways, loving it anyways, from Soto :)
So I love this so much but it needs a launchpad I love them so if you can answer this please add this next time please
GarageBand no longer recognizes my audio interface after the iOS update. I toggled the new usb function in the setting and still nothing. Anybody else?