|Music||Free||Apple Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
Well done Apple...
When I first got this app, it was the best music app I have ever gotten. I was making lit trap beats and songs, It was truly AMAZING. I showed my parents what I have been working on and they were very proud. I have always loved music and I sometimes would think of becoming a musician BUT This app was so good that it inspired me to become a musician. I have always looked for an app like this and I never realized it was right in front of my face: GarageBand BY Apple!!!! I never noticed it. HERES THE PROBLEM: I was making a song and finishing editing it, and then I was done for the day so I got off. I didn’t go back for about five days, and when I did, There were Blue question marks on my songs! I was thinking, “maybe it is just a backup problem...” I TRIED EVERYTHING!!! I pressed like every button I moved the files around, AND I looked up what I observed in every way, shape, and form, on the internet. NOTHING. I tried all of this about 10 more times. NOTHING. I looked it up once more, NOTHING!!!! I really didn’t want to delete the app but I had too. I thought: “I will probably make better songs.” I deleted the app re-downloaded it, took forever, I went back on it, it said: “Welcome to GarageBand! I clicked next it said play, record, blah blah blah. So I was like okay I think I’m good! Finally! I pressed continue and guess what??? It was back to the same screen. So then I deleted it and re-downloaded it again.(at this point I didn’t care about my songs anymore, I just was worried if my iPod was okay.) So it took forever and when I went back on, same thing. I tried this 1 or 2 more times and it didn’t work. I was raging mad. I didn’t know what to do. So then I went back on the internet for 30 min -1 hr and I found this Apple support thing for GarageBand I read it and it sounded like my problem. It said to toggle the on/off switch in the settings on iCloud for GarageBand. I did it. Didn’t work. I deleted it one more time, Re-downloaded it, and it was still there, toggled the on/off switch, went back into the app and it was still there. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m tired of it. Please help me with this problem, and sorry for the long review. Thank you.
I love music 🎶 I feel like it brings the world together and you can be creative in your own way there are so many tunes I love ❤️ it! You should download this app
On the iPhone X there’s no Back button so once I went in to retrieve documents but didn’t have any there was no button to get me out of that screen. I actually had to delete the app and start over. Garbage
Since the update my phone hasn’t been able to download the app and it made me re download the app and it still won’t work, can somebody fix this please!
I have a iPad and iPhone I’ve been using garage band for a long Time and also use voice over with it, some of the new features are no longer accessible for voice over users with the newer version For example the knobs jesters on audio tracks echo and reverb effects
GarageBand may not be the top app when it comes to recording and producing but it definitely has some of the top features that you can never find anywhere else. After the updates in overtime this program has become my first go to when creating on the go. I have over a terabyte of royalty free loops that are incredible and I look forward to doing as much as I can with them while on the go. This app is definitely a five finger discount, you’re getting greatness for free.
I have an iPhone 8 and this app has been updating for over 3 months without progress. I hope you can fix this problem.
Uh... this is the best app, but make it as good as the ones you have to pay for. Maybe put it options for auto tune and adjust it almost as good as studio recording except it’s not because it’s on iOS and Mac
I love this app, I’ve recorded most of my music on this. The only problem I have is when I try to upload a file from my iCloud Drive, whether it be instrumental or vocals, it always lags and repeats itself when I play it back. When I play it from my iCloud Files app it sounds just fine so I know it’s not the actual file that’s the issue. I never had this problem before, and for some reason it only happens with SOME of my files. Others will play just fine. I don’t have access to a studio at the moment so GarageBand is all I have and this is VERY frustrating!!! Please patch this!!