|Productivity||Free||Flexibits Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop, for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
• Accessibility support
I used to love this calendar app, but it freezes about 1/3rd of the times after I create a new event, forcing me to close and reopen it. I always have it up to date, but this issue has been going on for months and it has not been fixed with any of the released updates.
Why should I have to go to great lengths to disable the spam messages, and enable the 3.x features since I already paid for the app. The key word here is: “App”. A calendar is not and never will be a service. Is there any good reason why I should pay $1000+ for a calendar app that I already own? Support - please recommend a suitable alternative product that doesn’t pretend that a calendar is a subscription service.
I’ll be to the point. If you have multiple responsibilities, you like to live deliberately, you have a number of shared calendars, and you want your calendar to do everything you could dream of. This is it. I don’t want to waste my time reading the negative reviews, but I’m guessing they are all about the cost. Because how does a top-rated app fall to 3.0 ratings so quickly? It has to be fraud or people just mad at an additional cost. I guess that point is up to you. Considering how much a calendar is directly correlated with TIME, and time is directly correlated with COST I think people should probably think more carefully about their reviews. Here’s why I decided to violate my policy against paid subscriptions: 1. Calendar sets are amazing. I can setup calendar sets that show and hide what ever I want. I can also set a default calendar for each set so when I drag anything (like an OmniFocus task, more on that later) on Fantastical it drops right in the correct calendar. Those calendar sets also affect my iOS 14 widgets. Nice. 2. The Zoom integration saves a ton of time. If you do Zoom, or a number of other online meetings, this saves you time and makes scheduling meetings way easier than the Zoom app. 3. OmniFocus duration lengths directly integrate! I can do split screen (on my Mac or iPad) and drag OF tasks right onto my calendar and the task occupies the exact amount of duration time I set. Very effective. I could list a number of other features, but I won’t. Try it, and if you like it, buy it. If you don’t like it, or it’s too feature rich. Fine. Hope this helps.
Update: the developer response solved my issue. Thank you for the help! The most recent update removed the calendar widget from the widgets screen. I hate the new widgets that do not let me select specific days to check what events are coming up. Please bring back the old calendar + event list widget from before iOS 14.
I’ve been using the app for a long time now and I’ve been very happy with it. I’m still not thinking of changing, but I do not like the way the date and time picker has changed. The calendar part is fine, but it is more difficult for me to set the time now than it used to be. Again, not a dealbreaker, but it is much more difficult now for me to scroll through the times. UPDATE: Flexibits got back to me and told me that the change I was complaining about was due to a change in the iOS operating system. And, they are going to try to address that by moving some of the options around a little bit in an update. This is awesome developer support and I’m changing my rating to five stars.
What is the purpose of the widget if it will not show my events and only tasks?
Going into graduate school I was determined to find a more robust calendar application than the simple Google Calendar I had become accustomed to using in undergrad. Lots of recommendations online pointed me towards Fantastical, so I figured I’d try it out with the free trial. Just a few days into the trial, I decided it lived up to the hype and I pulled the trigger and paid for the full version. I was somewhat skeptical of how useful the “natural language” feature would actually turn out to be helpful. I thought it was one of those features that differentiates the app without really adding much utility—I was wrong! I use it almost every time I add a new event and am constantly surprised with how it interprets fairly complex inputs! One suggestion I have would be to integrate sub-task capabilities into the Task component of the application. Using other Task applications, I was able to import all my daily reading assignments with each portion of reading as a “Sub-task”. Yet when I view those tasks in Fantastical, the sub tasks are removed, or, at best, changed to just the “Notes” of the task. Not a dealbreaker, but less than ideal.
I caved and I’m glad I did! The features that Fantastical packs are honestly second to none. Great job. Glad I decided to pay the subscription. Also - if you don’t want subscription, you still have all features of the previous edition. —————————————————————— That much money for a calendar was not a good idea. I finally bought the iPad version to have the full suite and then 3 weeks later subscription happens!! I’ve been with you guys for over 5 years, always upgrading. $40 is way too much. I’d consider doing $7 But $40 nah.
You’ve ruined this app. V 2.11.5 was great. Everything nicely organized with the red banner so it looked like a calendar. The latest version is confusing, less intuitive, too many choices not needed. More stuff doesn’t mean better, just the opposite.