|Productivity||Free||Flexibits Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop, for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
• Accessibility support
I love this calendar app, from the design to the baked in features it just works!
Worked so much better before they went to a subscription model. At that time they claimed that we who had bought the app outright wouldn’t lose functionality … that’s just not true. I paid not only for the iOS app but also for the Mac app … I really wish they’d let me keep those and created new apps for the subscription model. Even if it had never been updated again that would’ve been fine, but whatever. I didn’t want to write this review, I kept waiting for them to fix what they broke … but whatever. Can anyone recommend another app that combines calendars & reminders, but is actually an improved view & interface for the data in Apple’s apps like Fantastical used to be?
I really enjoy this app, it syncs great with my apple calendar with no extra steps from me. It has a lot of great view options and even has a few widgets. However…. I wish there were other color options, especially for the widget. It would be nice to modify the colors to match my phone theme or even have a transparent option so that it meshes well. Just a thought. Definitely a recommended app to have though!
I used to love this app and most of its features except now I have to deal with buggy widgets. At times they don’t load or one issue I’ve been facing recently is that they don’t update to the current month or week, which defeats the purpose of having it on my home screen. I hope they fix it to make this an overall well rounded up again.
I purchased version 2 of this app. Developer states “ All of your features from Fantastical 2 are automatically available and do not require a Flexibits Premium subscription”. Problem that’s not true and the only option offered now is to purchase a subscription to use an app I already paid for. Usual rip-off !
Can’t developers just be up front with all of the costs associated with an app? Tell people before they set everything up that it’s only free for two weeks and then it’s a subscription service. Be transparent and you won’t be ticking people off and wasting their time.
The app and its widgets do not refresh in the background, at least not when natively connected to Exchange accounts. You need to open the app to see updated/added calendar events. This makes the app unusable for most professional applications: I won’t see or notice if my assistant adds events to my calendar. Apple calendar does that and generates a notification too. Fantastical does not and therefore appears as little more than a toy. Too bad
Natural language event creation is poorly done and cannot be turned off. People have been complaining about this for several years now, you’d think the devs would get the idea. Oh and fantastical also screwed over all of those who purchased F2. They deleted F2 and forced paying customers into a subscription model with F3.
Don’t use it much, but I had an important upcoming event I wanted multiple alerts for… seems that functionality was stripped away at some point.
Purchased Fantastical version 1 & 2. Worked on my apple watch before. Now you want me to pay for a subscription to use on my Apple Watch when I have already purchased??? Not happy with this at all.