|Productivity||$1.99||Flexibits Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop, for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
• Accessibility support
1. I live in EST. It keeps randomly switching to GMT. SERIOUSLY??? I didn’t notice and it screwed up my whole day. Thanks. 2. Contacted support. Got no help. Thanks again. 3. The “helpful” block out a full day and it marks it as “free” is stupid. I got booked for an appointment in NY for when I was in Paris. I’m an adult and I know my intentions. If I block a day, I mean it to be blocked. So much thanks. 4. I have to pay extra to get it on my MacBook. Really? 5. The alerts don’t work. So. There’s that. Sigh.
OOPS. UPDATE. I like my other app better after all because it has live links for everything I need to do from the app like place phone calls, send e-mail, etc. I don't have to open a different app to get things done. All the info is in the app when I set up the Task or Event. And Notes with basic word process and images. I'll use both! Original review: I have 1000s of apps and I beta test several. This app is so useful and user friendly! I had a heavy favorite, paid upgrade, calendar/task app but I've switched over to Fantastical 2. Most important in this choice is a large Watch Complication that shows BOTH the next Event or Task, almost all others only show events - useless. Easy to use Watch app. Beyond the many powerful features, I love that the phone interface has a full month view with dynamic corresponding details listed below - one view without the other isn't useful. Great navigation. Once you learn the super simple way to enter details with creating an Event it's a blast! No need to mess with settings, just write in Event, date, etc, in a sentence and it's done. Watch the brief video here in the App desc. AWESOME It's great to be able to choose which apps I want the map links and browser links to open with. All the browsers on my phone are available. Wow! Big plus, don't have to use Apple maps. (Hate Apple Maps and had deleted it but many apps can only use Apple Maps). Fantastical 2 is extremely well designed and maintained. Great (fast) sync with the Watch Compl. and in general with all other tasks, reminders, and calendars I have. Powerful and stable. Reliable. And just cool to use. Creating Reminders from e-mail would be handy. My other app is cross platform - Android etc. but no Mac OS. But those are not deal or star rate breakers. Got the iPad app. A very rare purchase for me to pay separately for iOS. I want to support great work. I can't afford the Mac OS app. I'm confident it's excellent too. Thanks for a great app!!
Needs themes. I would like to see a way to change the red bar at the top and offer different colored themes. The app color currently is ugly (my opinion). App icon is ugly too!! When entering an event, it's a hassle to always switch off the all day tab to enter times. Maybe make the default with adjustable times and all day events need to be turned on.
I enjoy using Fantastical a lot more than the calendar in the Outlook app. I do wish there was support for Exchange Categories on this iOS version though. If you guys could just make an email app that is as great as Fantastical I could dump Outlook altogether. 😁
Been using the app since the original Fantastical, and I’ve loved it since I first used it! This kind of quality software is why I’ve always enjoyed Apple’s software platforms.
Because I travel quite a bit, I’ve shifted to using Calendar on my phone, because I need the time to leave and travel time functions!! Please add these features to Fantasical iOS. They are on the Mac version and I purchased it.
I use Fantastical with both iCloud and my work's Office 365 (Exchange) system, and both have multiple sub-calendars. It's been my calendar app for years, and it is well worth the price as an upgrade to Apple's Calendar app.
I’ve been using this app since they first created. Simply put, I love it. It interfaces wonderfully with Outlook which I used at work. But as of 6 months ago, i retired and now use Google calendar and use that instead and use Fantastical to view my schedule. Truly a great interface for appt.
Heard about this calendar for years. With sale price I decided to try it and have found the reviews are right. Really well designed and feature rich calendar application. Best I've tried so far on the iPhone... 👍.
This app is the reason that my life works! I intuitive, powerful, effective, yet elegantly-simple! My favorite calendar app, hands DOWN!