|Productivity||$4.99||Flexibits Inc.||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
The award-winning, best-selling calendar app has been redesigned and reimagined for iOS 8, including new features such as reminders, a new week view, and much more!
"Great iOS 7 update to my favorite iPhone calendar app. Looks great, works great, and now integrates iOS reminders." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
“...if you need a pure replacement for the iPhone's stock calendar-app, Fantastical 2 is your best bet.” - The Verge
"Fantastical is one of those apps that just works. Love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"Fantastical is my new favorite iPhone app. It looks great, it works reliably, and, more importantly, it made managing my schedule better." - MacStories
“Fantastical 2 is not only the absolute best calendar app on iOS, but the best reminders app as well.” - iMore
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! If your device supports dictation, you can speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will handle the rest.
ONE NEW APP, MANY NEW FEATURES
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4" screens or larger)
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2's DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• 3D Touch, including Peek and Pop, for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
• Accessibility support
Don’t like that the app badge doesn’t display the date by default. Has to be chosen as an alert feature and if done, the badge won’t display if you receive an invite. Month view doesn’t show what the current day is.
Fantastical 2 is the absolute best and most intuitive Calendar/Reminder app available! After I tested it out in my Mac, I suggested to my wife that she try it too. We were both so blown away at all the features and the slick, easy to use functions that we purchased the Mac app and then the iPhone app. Even though you can use it with google cal if you want, we didn’t want to. So we moved all our data from google and transferred it to iCloud. Now we’re google-free and loving our Fantastical 2 Calendar/Reminder interface! Either way, if you get Fantastical, you won’t be sorry.
The developers at Fantastical not only created the most user-friendly ap for planning and scheduling events, but they listen to their users and get it done right. What more could one ask for?
As a busy mom of 3, I love the different colored dots under each date on the monthly view! One of my favorite features of the calendar. Great for at a glance info!
It was great 6 years ago, it has not aged well
Fantastical is in serious need of a design refresh. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great calendar app, but it hasn’t changed much in the past several years. I think it needs some design love!
I love this calendar, except for one thing; I enter game day & times for three different sports teams. On the first line I enter XXXX VS. XXX, or XXXX @ XXX then I go to SHOW DETAILS to enter the time. Very often, when I click on that, part of what I typed on the first line, moves to the second line, and usually the VS or @ disappears completely. Very frustrating, especially when I'm inputting a 30 game schedule.
It’s so easy to add and update events... How you’d think it should be.
I wasn’t sure if I wanted a calendar app but have been eyeing this app for quite some time now. Let me just tell you it was the best decision I could’ve made! I love being able to write a sentence in and it gathers all the info and makes it into an event for me! Plus having my reminders right there and being able to add new ones just makes it that much better. Didn’t know a app could help my organize my life like the way you guys did! Thank you! 💙
I tmhave been using this app for almost two weeks now and it has completely transformed the way I interact with, and more importantly, how often I actually use my calendar! I’ve actually purchased several other calendar apps and while they all were supposed to be “amazing” ( at least according to the reviews), something about them made it seem too... daunting. Enter Fantastical. It’s really a big improvement over the standard calendar app and it is definitely worth the money. I love the natural language input function and the overall functionality of the app. It works extremely well and has many handy features like automatically adding an event to you calendar when it’s detected in your inbox (think: you purchased concert tickets and once you receive the confirmation email it will auto-create a fully filled in calendar event) With that being said, I would love some customizability in terms of the color scheme and the window layout. Also, GET RID OF THE “DOT SYSTEM” for tracking events. It’s really confusing and unacceptable to look at.