|News||Free||OneLouder||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
With features like enhanced search, follow friends, subreddit explorer, bookmarking and direct picture uploading with draw capabilities, you’ve got all things reddit, in one easy and tasty place: BaconReader.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Subscribe, flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Explore categorized subreddit listings to discover new and interesting content
• Create and manage multireddits
• Efficient list display and beautifully optimized tile image display -- reddit your way
• Fast, easy-to-use search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Easily access moderator mail to keep up with subreddits you moderate
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun
• Please let us help you get the most out of your BaconReader experience: Contact our support team at [email protected] or join the conversation on r/BaconReader
If BaconReader sends you a notification saying you got a comment reply, but you check it on your computer, the push notification won’t go away, the only fix is deleting and reinstalling the app.
I used to love this app over the official reddit app in a lot of ways I prefer it but idk maybe the last few updates certainly the last two months or so I've been finding myself running into issues with the app that I didn't before. Main issue is when I click on the audi button for a .reddit video and go into the subreddit the audio keeps playing and it Continues to play audio even if I play a new video. It takes me leaving the orignal audio post and turning it off leaving the post then go back into It without clicking the audio button. Another annoying issue is when I go to my subreddits list a custom list never survives so I can't do that and when I do hit sort alphabetically it'll do half the list correct then for whatever reason it'll start over from A again so weird. I still love the app the ads for me aren't annoying, it still works for the most part and the layout is just cleaner.
Getting crashes for loading certain subreddits by top>all and trying to load comments by controversial sometimes, and other odd crashes for simple task executions
I LOVED this app until they added a new cross post functionality that absolutely ruins the flow of the app. I used to able to click a thumb nail and see the gif/pic and now it’s a click and a reach that requires two hands, a smaller phone or bigger hands. Plus, it stops you from swiping left and right if you’re stuck on one of these post. Before this 5/5 After this 1/5 Please remove this :(
Slow. So slow. Posts fail to load. Whatever they changed recently broke the app. Moving to a another app.
Have had the app since 2013 and used it daily, but now with the cross post update I will have to delete and just use my browser.
If you don’t buy premium it will just continue playing a popping noise on your phone. No turning it off even if you disable notifications. I used this app for so long before finding out that’s where the noise was coming from. Awful.
Please implement dark/light theme based on the system preference. I have set iOS to switch between dark and light depending on the time of day, with all other apps following suit, except this one, which I have to switch manually every time.
Been using the app for forever. Lately it crashes frequently, multiple times a day. Will crash when trying to switch subreddits. Running on 11” iPad Pro on latest iPadOS. They need to update this app.
Crashing on subreddit searches, twitter links no longer function, and plenty or random crashes. Went from great to frustrating over a couple of weeks