|News||Free||OneLouder||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
With features like enhanced search, follow friends, subreddit explorer, bookmarking and direct picture uploading with draw capabilities, you’ve got all things reddit, in one easy and tasty place: BaconReader.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Subscribe, flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Explore categorized subreddit listings to discover new and interesting content
• Create and manage multireddits
• Efficient list display and beautifully optimized tile image display -- reddit your way
• Fast, easy-to-use search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Easily access moderator mail to keep up with subreddits you moderate
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun
• Please let us help you get the most out of your BaconReader experience: Contact our support team at [email protected] or join the conversation on r/BaconReader
There are legit popup ads when just scrolling through subreddits. Also popup video ads.
Has video/audio ads that auto play, extremely annoying as they pop up randomly as you scroll.
The app is more or less stable and works for what it is but its missing several basic features such as the ability to browse to a user profile. It also automatically plays ads with audio while you're scrolling through.
Autoplayed a car ad with sound when I opened it today. Immediately deleted it and moved to another app
App was fantastic, banner ads and promoted ads within the feed, but all perfectly within reason for a free app. Those have now been replaced with auto playing video ads with audio, time to find a new app.
This app was the go-to way to browse Reddit on the go a year ago... Now? Pop up ads -- both video and otherwise -- litter the experience as well as crashes and other annoyances. I just had an invisible ad playing in the background with the only way to silence it was killing the entire app. Or deleting it, which has worked great for me. You've lost yet another one devs.
Auto play ads with audio, full screen pop up ads with no 'x' button, randomly opens the App Store despite my not clicking an ad. This isn't a Reddit app, is an ad app. The ads are painfully intrusive, and not worth the bandwidth.
This app was my go to Reddit app when I first got my iPhone. Recently I've been dealing with crazy bugs with the ads where they pop up telling me I've won a new iPhone and don't stop playing sound. The app closes constantly, it doesn't open images as nice as it used to. GIFs only load 25% of the time. It now forces safari to open as well. I'm switching over to the official Reddit app for now, much better user experience.
I don't mind ads on free apps. But in this app, there are video ads that have audio that you can't turn off. It's horrible. I am on the hunt for an alternative app.
I don't mind ads on the app, but when they start playing video and very loud sounds which cannot be quieted or turned down, that's a serious problem. It eats my bandwidth like crazy. Do not download.