|News||Free||OneLouder||iPhone, iPad, iPod|
With features like enhanced search, follow friends, subreddit explorer, bookmarking and direct picture uploading with draw capabilities, you’ve got all things reddit, in one easy and tasty place: BaconReader.
Join the BaconReader community at r/BaconReader for the latest news and updates on BaconReader features and release plans.
• Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Subscribe, flair, submit posts, upvote/downvote, full iPad support -- all for free!
• Switch between multiple accounts and create new ones
• Explore categorized subreddit listings to discover new and interesting content
• Create and manage multireddits
• Efficient list display and beautifully optimized tile image display -- reddit your way
• Fast, easy-to-use search for posts, subreddits, and users
• Follow posts/comments made by other redditors by adding them to your Friends list
• Bookmark a subreddit for quick access, without adding it to your front page
• Easily access moderator mail to keep up with subreddits you moderate
• Draw on or "meme-ify" posted pictures to enhance the fun
• Please let us help you get the most out of your BaconReader experience: Contact our support team at [email protected] or join the conversation on r/BaconReader
This app crashes multiple times a day.
Loved this app, until iOS 11 ruined it. Force closing randomly and I still send report after report...
Wow, that’s absolutely terrible. I didn’t have a problem before this most recent update (12/23) but now I do. It’s so bad that I can’t even just deal with it until the the next fix.
Get app I spend most of the time on my phone on it
I really wanted to like BaconReader. I used it for almost a year, in which several problems surfaced. While I think this is a decent attempt at a competitor for the official app, it isn't a replacement. The main thing BR has going for it is the ability to switch to gallery view. This works well for photo-heavy subreddits. My main gripe is with formatting. When I post something that is more than two paragraphs long, I'd like to be able to add space those paragraphs without having to resort to HTML. Here, this lack of WYSIWYG formatting means posts and comments show up as an annoying wall of text. I hate that. White space is extremely important to me and to many readers. Perhaps reviewing their formatting structure will make me more likely to use this app in the future.
Won’t even load any posts.
Was fine, last update a bug got through where if you are typing a comment and the text expands below the initial box the entire screen starts lurching with each new character input. Has rendered it unusable unfortunately. Will happily change score back if/when this is addressed.
Please update to use iPhone X full display